Wireshark on Chromebook :Wireshark is an open and free source packet analyzer. Wireshark is used for analysis, network troubleshooting, software, and education and communications protocol development. It was originally developed by Gerald Combs. It is written in C and C++. Wireshark is a data capturing program that understands the structure of different networking protocols.
- Data can be confined “from the wire” from an existing network connection or read from a file of already-captured packets.
- The captured files can be browsed through a Graphic User Interface
- It can also be browsed through a terminal version of the utility
- Wireless links can also be filtered as long as they oblique the monitored Ethernet.
- Captured files can be pro-grammatically edited or converted via command-line switches to the “editcap” program.
- Various settings, timers, and filters can be set that ensure only triggered traffic appear.
Wireshark can be used to confine packets from most network simulation tools such as ns, Net sim and OPNET Modeler.
More software for Chromebook: WPS Office on Chromebook
How to Download Wireshark for Chromebook
Installing Wireshark using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Wireshark “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Wireshark ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Wireshark using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Wireshark ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Wireshark ” and install it.
Install Wireshark using Rollapp
- If the “Wireshark ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Wireshark ” and use the application online.