Visual Studio Code on Chromebook : Visual studio code is an open source and free source code editor. It is developed by Microsoft- A leading industry in the technology domain. The software is available for windows, Linux and Mac OS. Though it available for free, the official download has a proprietary license.
Visual Studio Code uses electron framework which is used to deploy Node.js applications. The aim of the application is to provide the tools a developer needs for a fast code-build-debug cycle. It used to collect the usage data and send it to the Microsoft.
Features of Visual Studio Code:
- Easy to access the command line interface via a .json file.
- Syntax highlighting is easily available in this code editor.
- It supports a number of programming languages like C, C++, and Java etc.
- It can be easily customized so users can change themes, keyboard shortcut and preferences.
- Provides intelligent code completions
More software for Chromebook:Vym on Chromebook
How to Download Visual Studio Code for Chromebook
Installing Visual Studio Code using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Visual Studio Code “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Visual Studio Code ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Visual Studio Code using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Visual Studio Code ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Visual Studio Code ” and install it.
Install Visual Studio Code using Rollapp
- If the “Visual Studio Code ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Visual Studio Code ” and use the application online.