Vinagre on Chromebook : Vinagre is a VNC client for the GNOME desktop environment. Developed by David King, this client can be used in all devices having the Unix-like operating system.
Vinagre will be installed by default if you install GNOME on your computer system. It happens to be the default program used for shared desktop option. Vino is the default server used for effective functioning.
Features of Vinagre
- Provides option for connecting to multiple servers at a time
- Helps to switch between different servers using tabs
- Offers VNC servers browsing options and bookmarking facilities
- The 2.29 version includes features such as controlled frame compression, better scaling and improved color depth
- The updated version comes with enhanced SSH tunneling and offers better support for copy/paste features
- Provides option for connecting with all sorts of Windows based machines using the Remote Desktop Protocol
More software for Chromebook:VLC Media Player on Chromebook
How to Download Vinagre for Chromebook
Installing Vinagre using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Vinagre “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Vinagre ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Vinagre using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Vinagre ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Vinagre ” and install it.
Install Vinagre using Rollapp
- If the “Vinagre ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Vinagre ” and use the application online.