UNetbootin on Chromebook :UNetbootin is software which allows you to create bootable lie USB drives for Ubuntu, Fedora and other Linux distributions without burning a CD. This is application is cross platform and is available for Linux, Windows and Mac Os X.
Top Features of UNetbootin:
- One can allow UNetbootin to download its own required distributions supported out-of-the-box for you or you can supply your own Linux file.
- It has inbuilt support for downloading and automatically loading these distributions
- These distributions are Ubuntu, Desbian, Linux Mint, Arch Linux and OpenSUSE
- It loads distribution by automatically downloading an ISO file for you or by using the ISO file you have previously saved
- It can be used to load various system utilities like
- Parted Magic, Gujin, System Rescue CD, Dr. Web Antivirus, Super Grub Disk
- BackTrack, NTPasswd, Smart boot manager
- Ophtrack and Free DOS
For creating a live USB drive, UNetbootin is one of the best software to be used.
More software for Chromebook: LibreOffice for Chromebook
How to Download UNetbootin for Chromebook
Installing UNetbootin using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “UNetbootin“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “UNetbootin” app and install it on your device.
Installing UNetbootin using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “UNetbootin” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “UNetbootin” and install it.
Install UNetbootin using Rollapp
- If the “UNetbootin” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “UNetbootin” and use the application online.