UltraEdit on Chromebook: UltraEdit originally known as Medit is a commercial text editor designed to run on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and OS X.
It allows writing and editing of text written in programming languages like HTML, PHP, HEX and lots more. It is shareware i.e. it can be used for free for 15 to 30 days and after that, the application will work only with a license key.
Features of UltraEdit:
- Syntax Highlighting
- Code Folding
- Edit large files
- Auto closing HTML/XML tags
- Hex Editing
- Find and Replace Regular Expression
- Document Map Navigation
- Column editing
- Validator for Offline HTML, XHTML and CSS Checking
- Sorting of file and data
- Spell Checker
- Log File Polling
- Encode/Decode of Base64
- Reformat source code
- Editor Themes
- Automation by macros and scripts
- Code Highlighting for many languages
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
More software for Chromebook: DocFetcher on Chromebook
How to Download UltraEdit for Chromebook
Installing UltraEdit using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “UltraEdit“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “UltraEdit ” app and install it on your device.
Installing UltraEdit using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “UltraEdit ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “UltraEdit ” and install it.
Install UltraEdit using Rollapp
- If the “UltraEdit ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “UltraEdit ” and use the application online.