Tux Paint on Chromebook :It is a free and recognized drawing program which was created for kids aging between 3 and 12. It is widely used across schools around the world as a computer element along with drawing ability. There is a quick, simple user interface which makes the functionality, intuitive and simple for the kids. It starts with a canvas which allows the kids to put on their creative hats.
Features of Tux Paint:
- Supported by Mac, Windows, Linux
- It is an open source software and hence is free.
- The canvas size is fixed hence there is no revision in pixel or inches when making a new picture
- The screen size can be subjected to increase in order to hide the underlying desktop interface
- Loading and saving of images is done through the means of thumbnails
- Fun sound effects and a cartoon version of Tux, Linux the penguin, is present at the bottom to give hints and tips
More software for Chromebook: Parley on Chromebook
How to Download Tux Paint for Chromebook
Installing Tux Paint using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Tux Paint“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Tux Paint” app and install it on your device.
Installing Tux Paint using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Tux Paint” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Tux Paint” and install it.
Install Tux Paint using Rollapp
- If the “Tux Paint” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Tux Paint” and use the application online.