TrueCrypt on Chromebook :TrueCrypt is a freeware utility used for encrypting a partition or creating a virtual encrypted disk. Developed by TrueCrypt Foundation, this software is written in C, C++ and works fine in all devices.
The latest version of this encryption software comes with lots of features that help to encrypt disks with ease.
Features of TrueCrypt
- Supports individual ciphers such as AES, Twofish and Serpent
- Cryptographic hash functions and five cascaded algorithms are available
- Uses XTS mode of operation
- Header and secondary header key will be generated based on the type of hash function used
- Allows users to create a single hidden volume within another volume
- Helps to create and run a hidden encrypted OS
- Offers high performance especially for operations which use Direct Memory Access
- Supports pipelined read/write operations, hardware accelerated AES and parallelized encryption
More software for Chromebook: Download TeamViewer for Chromebook
Installing TrueCrypt using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “TrueCrypt” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “TrueCrypt” app and install it on your device.
Installing TrueCrypt using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “TrueCrypt” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “TrueCrypt” and install it.
Install TrueCrypt using Rollapp
- If the “TrueCrypt” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “TrueCrypt” and use the application online.