TortoiseHg on Chromebook: is a GUI front-end for Mercurial that runs on Microsoft Windows, on which it integrates directly with File Explorer, Mac OS X and Linux. It is written in PyQt except the Windows shell extension, and the underlying client can be used on the command line. It is often recommended and preferred for working with Mercurial on Windows.
TortoiseHg consists of a shell extension, which provides overlay icons and context menus in your file explorer, and a command line program named thg.exe which can launch the TortoiseHg tools.
TortoiseHg consists of a command line thg script and a Nautilus extension which provides overlays and context menus in your file explorer. You must have Mercurial installed separately in order to run TortoiseHg on Linux.
Features of TortoiseHg
- Repository explorer
- Commit dialogue
- Support for visual diff and merge tools
- Data mining on repository contents
- Seamless support for serving repository via Mercurial’s integrated web interface
- Repository synchronization
- Intuitive GUI for managing Mercurial settings
More software for Chromebook: Unity on Chromebook
How to Download TortoiseHg for Chromebook
Installing TortoiseHg using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “TortoiseHg “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “TortoiseHg” app and install it on your device.
Installing TortoiseHg using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “TortoiseHg” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “TortoiseHg ” and install it.
Install TortoiseHg using Rollapp
- If the “TortoiseHg ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “TortoiseHg ” and use the application online.