Tomcat on Chromebook: Apache Tomcat also known as Tomcat server is an open source Java servlet container .It is developed by Apache Software Foundation (ASF) and different versions of Tomcat are available according to servlet and JSP Specifications
It was released with various components like Catalina – a servlet container, Coyote- a HTTP connector and Jasper-a JSP Engine and implements various JavaEE specifications including websocket, JavaEL etc. It helps in scheduling of system upgrades by dispatching traffic request to temporary server on a different port.
Features of Tomcat:
- High availability
- Enhance User as well as system web application
- Manage sessions with applications across the network
- Garbage Collection
- JSP Parsing
- Platform integration through Tomcat Native
- Handling of I/O errors with async processing
- Memory leak detection and prevention.
- Use of aliases to store content
- Asynchronous Logging
- Useful In handling user requests on high traffic web applications.
More software for Chromebook: UNetbootin on Chromebook
How to Download Tomcat for Chromebook
Installing Tomcat using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Tomcat “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Tomcat” app and install it on your device.
Installing Tomcat using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Tomcat ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Tomcat ” and install it.
Install Tomcat using Rollapp
- If the “Tomcat ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Tomcat ” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.