SciTe on Chromebook: SciTe or Scintilla based Text Editor is a cross-platform text editor. It is lightweight and built for speed. It is designed mainly for source editing and performs syntax highlighting and inline function reference for many different languages. There is a standalone exe available, intended for USB flash drives. SciTe shares some features with other editors based on the Scintilla editing component such as Geany and Notepad++.
Features of SciTe
- Features include Replace in Selection
- Regular expression replaces with subgroups
- Find in files
- Code folding
- API files
- Copy formatted
- Multiple selection and support for variable with fonts
- Editing layout consists of multiple tabs containing source
- Additionally, an output pane that displays output from scripts that have been run
SciTe supports syntax highlighting of many languages. The full list of recognized languages can be found in the official documentation. SciTe does not properly support Right-to-Left languages like Arabic; there is a limitation of the underlying Scintilla engine.
More software for Chromebook: LibreOffice for Chromebook
How to Download SciTe for Chromebook
Installing SciTe using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “SciTe“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “SciTe ” app and install it on your device.
Installing SciTe using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “SciTe ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “SciTe” and install it.
Install SciTe using Rollapp
- If the “SciTe” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “SciTe” and use the application online.