Scilab on Chromebook: Scilab is an open source numerical computational package used for signal processing, image enhancement, fluid dynamics, statistical analysis, simulations and modeling.
Developed by Scilab Enterprises, this program is written in C, C++, Java, FORTRAN and Scilab. It is available in many languages and is considered to be one of the best alternatives to MATLAB.
Features of Scilab
- The Reduced number of code lines allow users to construct models in quick time
- Provides a library of correlation and complex multidimensional arithmetic operations
- Xcos is the free package used for modeling and simulation of dynamical systems
- The syntax is quite similar to MATLAB
- Includes a source code translator for easy conversion of code
- Can be downloaded for free
- Comes with many toolboxes
- User contributions are integrated in the main program
- Renders formula in mathematical notation
More software for Chromebook: IceWeasel on Chromebook
How to Download Scilab for Chromebook
Installing Scilab using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Scilab “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Scilab” app and install it on your device.
Installing Scilab using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Scilab” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Scilab” and install it.
Install Scilab using Rollapp
- If the “Scilab” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Scilab” and use the application online.