Rodeo on Chromebook : Rodeo is a data science in-browser Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for python. It is designed to be simple and lightweight as compared to IPython notebook. It is a cross-platform IDE and thus can run on operating systems like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
The desktop application of Rodeo is written in Electron, which is a great framework to write desktop applications with different web technologies and languages.
Features of Rodeo:
- Helps in creating a plot
- Viewing Data and command History
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Easy to explore what you create
- Syntax Highlighting
- Auto-completion of Code
- File Navigator
- Package Search
- Integrated Tutorials
- Include Cheat sheets for referencing
- Comment Code Option
- Split into Lines Option
- Select Text between brackets
- Theoretical Explanation
- Toggle View
- Vim/Emacs shortcuts
- Tracks usage Metrics
- Customizable Radio Setup
More software for Chromebook: Scribus on Chromebook
How to Download Rodeo for Chromebook
Installing Rodeo using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Rodeo “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Rodeo” app and install it on your device.
Installing Rodeo using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Rodeo” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Rodeo” and install it.
Install Rodeo using Rollapp
- If the “Rodeo” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Rodeo” and use the application online.