ReText on Chromebook : ReText is powerful and simple text editor for Markdown and restructured mark-up languages. It is usually written in Python using qt libraries and works on Linux and other POSIX compatible platforms. It gives the power to control all output formatting.
It supports various formats such as HTML, ODT, and PDF and depends on upon a handful of packages including python-qt4, python-markdown, python-doc utils, and python-gdata. In Addition to this, it also allows uploading of the formatted document directly from editor to Google Docs.
Features of ReText:
- HTML Syntax Highlighting
- Auto Save Option
- Tab Interfacing
- Undo and redo along with find Option
- Support CSS Style
- Tags and symbol boxes for quick insert
- Page break support
- Markdown extension support
- Live Preview
- Supports maths formula
- Language translation
- Synchronized scrolling
- Web Pages Generation
More software for Chromebook: Rodeo on Chromebook
How to Download ReText for Chromebook
Installing ReText using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “ReText “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “ReText ” app and install it on your device.
Installing ReText using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “ReText ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “ReText ” and install it.
Install ReText using Rollapp
- If the “ReText ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “ReText ” and use the application online.