Regexxer on Chromebook: Regexxer is a nifty GUI search and replace tool featuring Perl-style regular expressions. If you need project-wide substitution and you are tired of hacking together commands at the terminal or having to open a giant, bloated IDE just to perform search and replace across a number of files, then Regexxer is the tool for you. It is a great application geared towards programmers, but it could be useful for any hard-core geek, especially since it is a nice little standalone package.
The great thing about this utility is that you can step through and confirm whether to replace or skip for each file that is found. Just enter your regular expression or keyword into the search box and hit the Find button.
Features of Regexxer
- Command line interface
- Does not track change files
- Show file name and line number
- Remember custom sets of file patterns
- Allow multi line search and replace
- Multi line search and replace
- Custom tab widths
- Ability to load a list of files from external text
- Keep last 10 directions used
- Option for literal matching
- Colorise regexp entry fields
- Allow manual removal of folders and files
More software for Chromebook: ReText on Chromebook
How to Download Regexxer for Chromebook
Installing Regexxer using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Regexxer“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Regexxer” app and install it on your device.
Installing Regexxer using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Regexxer” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Regexxer” and install it.
Install Regexxer using Rollapp
- If the “Regexxer” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Regexxer” and use the application online.