QStarDict on Chromebook : QStarDict is a StarDict clone written with Qt4.The user interface is similar to StarDict. You can start QStarDict from the menu or by running QStarDict command. It can reformat translations and expand dictionary abbreviations. QStarDict can pronounce words using external program when popup window is shown. You have to set a voice program to pronounce text from stdin. By default this is feature with –tts option. QStarDict supports D-Bus message bus.
- Full support of StarDict dictionaries
- working in system tray
- Scanning mouse selection and showing popup window with translation of selected words
- Translations reformatting
- Pronouncing translated word
More software for Chromebook: Remmina’s on Chromebook
How to Download QStarDict for Chromebook
Installing QStarDict using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “QStarDict“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “QStarDict” app and install it on your device.
Installing QStarDict using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “QStarDict” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “QStarDict” and install it.
Install QStarDict using Rollapp
- If the “QStarDict” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “QStarDict” and use the application online.