QGIS on Chromebook: QGIS is a cross-platform desktop application, which is freely available and provides editing, viewing and analysis of data. This application functions as a GIS (geographical information services) application and let the user create the maps with numbers of layers, using different map projections. It is possible to assemble the map into different formats, as per the requirement.
QGIS integrates other GIS packages including MapServer, GRASS GIS, PostGIS that let users experience various functionality. However, QGIS runs on various operating systems that include Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X.
Features of QGIS:
- It is a cross-platform desktop application.
- Besides Microsoft Windows, this freeware is usable for various operating systems, namely, Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X.
- Numerous plug-ins are available to expand the functionality of the software.
- This application can be freely modified to perform as per the user requirement.
- QGIS allow maps to be composed of vector and raster layers.
- While support raster images, the software can geo-reference images.
More software for Chromebook: Cloud Magic Email for Chromebook
How to Download QGIS for Chromebook
Installing QGIS using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “QGIS” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “QGIS” app and install it on your device.
Installing QGIS using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “QGIS” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “QGIS” and install it.
Install QGIS using Rollapp
- If the “QGIS” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “QGIS” and use the application online.