Processing on Chromebook :It is a malleable software which forms its interface through two components, one a sketchbook from a visual arts perspective and the other is the technical language used for coding. The project took its flight when initiated in 2001 by Casey Reas and Benjamin Fry, both of whom were formerly a part of the media arts department at MIT labs. Works on the Java language for its scripting, but through simple graphical user interface processing makes coding for non-programmers an intuitive journey.
Features of Processing:
- Open source and free to download
- Supported by Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux
- Different forms of output like 2D, 3D, or PDF Format
- OpenGL for better and efficient assimilation of 2D and 3D
- Over 100 libraries to access from
- Well documented and books available for tutorial and usage of the different functions
- Providing features such as music composition,networking, 3D file exporting and programming electronics
More software for Chromebook: Ren’py on Chromebook
How to Download Processing for Chromebook
Installing Processing using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Processing “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Processing ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Processing using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Processing ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Processing ” and install it.
Install Processing using Rollapp
- If the “Processing ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Processing ” and use the application online.