Praat on Chromebook :Praat is a very powerful scientific tool for audio analysis. It allows linguists to have complete control over spectrographs. Praat can analyze spectrographs and can read sound recorded with programs and audio files that are recorded in different manner. Once an audio file is loaded into Praat, it generates graphical waves that indicate volume, intensity, intonation and many other details. Praat can filter sound frequencies using the scripts or manually. It can also isolate particular sound bites.
Different editions of Praat are available for different operating systems, including Mac, Windows, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD. This program is licensed under GNU GPL. Praat easily supports articulatory synthesis. If you are a linguist, you should definitely download and use Praat to make your work easier. Praat is beneficial for linguists in every way.
- Detailed analysis of sound
- Automatize analysis through scripts
- Supports different audio formats
- Free tool
More software for Chromebook: PyCharm on Chromebook
How to Download Praat for Chromebook
Installing Praat using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Praat“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Praat” app and install it on your device.
Installing Praat using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Praat” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Praat” and install it.
Install Praat using Rollapp
- If the “Praat” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Praat” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.