Pidgin on Chromebook :Pidgin is a chat program. With the help of this you can log into accounts and join multiple chat networks simultaneously.
Pidgin is an open source and free multi-purpose platform used for instant messaging. It supports Linux, Windows and other UNIX operating programs. It lets you chat with friends at once, you can talk on MSN while talking to a friend on Google Talk and sitting in a Yahoo chat room.
The operating systems supported by Pidgin are Windows, Linux, BSDs, AmigaOS and many UNIX like systems. All its code are open source and are also licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Feature of Pidgin include:
- Away messages
- Typing notifications
- File transfers
- Custom smiles
- Buddy icons
- Pluggability, extended with plugins. The plugins are often written by third-party developers.
- Video and voice chat
- Contacts: instead of managing multiple protocols, it can be grouped into a single contact.
- File transfer: It supports file transfer for specific protocols.
More software for Chromebook: ProjectLibre on Chromebook
How to Download Pidgin for Chromebook
Installing Pidgin using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility.
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Pidgin “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Pidgin” app and install it on your device.
Installing Pidgin using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Pidgin” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Pidgin and install it.
Install Pidgin using Rollapp
- If the “Pidgin” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Pidgin” and use the application online.