OpenOffice Writer on Chromebook:OpenOffice Writer is a word processor part of the software package of the OpenOffice. The writer is a word processor and it is just like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect. It is released under the terms of the Apache License. It is free software; therefore, anybody can collect word processor software free of cost.
Writing word processor is used on different Operating Systems such as:
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Windows
- Free BSD and Solaris.
Features of OpenOffice Writer
- It is a word processor, spreadsheet application, and presentation tool. It is an open, featured-rich multi-platform office productivity suite. It has different features like:
- Productivity Enhancement
- New Custom Properties, Handling
- Embedding of Standard PDF Fonts
- New Narrow Font Family
- Increased Document Protection in Writer and Calc
- Automatic Decimals Digit
- 1 Million Rows in Spreadsheet
- Additional Locale Data
More software for Chromebook: Orbiter on Chromebook
How to Download OpenOffice Writer for Chromebook
Installing OpenOffice Writer using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “OpenOffice Writer“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “OpenOffice Writer” app and install it on your device.
Installing OpenOffice Writer using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “OpenOffice Writer” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “OpenOffice Writer” and install it.
Install OpenOffice Writer using Rollapp
- If the “OpenOffice Writer” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “OpenOffice Writer” and use the application online.