Open Broadcaster Software on Chromebook :The Open Broadcaster Software is a free and open source recording and streaming program which is maintained by OBS project. It’s an open and free source software for live streaming and recording. The software is written in C++ and C.
- OBS provides real time source and device capture
- It provides scene composition
- OBS provides encoding
- It provides recording and broadcasting
- Transmission of data is done through real time messaging protocol
- It can be later sent to any RTMP supporting destination like YouTube
- OBS uses x264 free software library for video encoding
- It also uses Intel quick sync video and NVENC to encode video streams into the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format
- Audio can be encoded using either the ACC or MP3 codecs.
Open Broadcaster software is available in 41 languages and it supports a variety of plug-ins which can extend its functionality.
More software for Chromebook: Pinta on Chromebook
How to Download Open Broadcaster Software for Chromebook
Installing Open Broadcaster Software using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Open Broadcaster Software“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Open Broadcaster Software” app and install it on your device.
Installing Open Broadcaster Software using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Open Broadcaster Software” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Open Broadcaster Software” and install it.
Install Open Broadcaster Software using Rollapp
- If the “Open Broadcaster Software” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Open Broadcaster Software” and use the application online.