OmegaT on Chromebook :Omega T is an open source fully multi platform and free CAT (Computer Assisted Translation) tool with glossaries, translation leveraging, keyword search, translation memory, and fuzzy matching into various projects. It runs on operating systems like Mac OS 10.4 and higher, Windows 7, Linux, Windows Vista, Windows 8 and Windows XP. Different versions of Omega T are available and use of all these versions is absolutely free. Omega T gives you complete power and freedom over Computer Assisted Translation as a user.
Omega T is available in 27 different languages so that everyone can use it easily. When you will start it for the first time, you will get a tutorial displayed on the screen through which you can learn how it works.
- Morphological recognition
- Supports over 40 different file formats
- Linguistic checking
- Spell checking
- Machine Translation
- Graphic aligner for every supported format
- Large number of glossaries and translation memories
- Dictionary matching
More software for Chromebook: Pivot Animator on Chromebook
How to Download OmegaT for Chromebook
Installing OmegaT using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “OmegaT “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “OmegaT” app and install it on your device.
Installing OmegaT using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “OmegaT” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “OmegaT” and install it.
Install OmegaT using Rollapp
- If the “OmegaT” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “OmegaT” and use the application online.