Netflix allows you to watch movies and television shows on your Chromebook whenever you want and as often as you want. A monthly subscription gives you access to all titles available on Netflix, which you can watch on your computer, mobile, tablet / iPad, smart TV, or other digital media player. If you use a Chromebook (or Windows or Mac) you can watch Netflix by visiting the website in your browser. If you are using Google Chrome on Linux you can watch Netflix in the browser with HTML 5 streaming. Chromebook users can stream Netflix content directly from the website by using the power of HTML 5, including on ARM-based devices like the HP Chromebook 11 or the new Acer Chromebook 13.
You can use Netflix on the website from your Chromebook or you can run your Netflix through digital media player like your Smart TV or you can use it through other media players like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV etc.
Features of Netflix
- No commercials
- Binge watching
- Huge selection of movies / TV series / documentaries
- Can watch anywhere and pickup where you left off from any device
- No commitment (1 month subscription)
- New content weekly
- Lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a second screen
- While watching your favorite show or movie can check your smartphone to see additional information
- It has the similar feature to Amazon Prime Video X-Ray feature which brings up actor bios, background, information, trivia etc.
How to download this app:
To watch Netflix on your Google Chromebook you have to follow these steps:
- Navigate to Netflix.com
- Sign to your Netflix account if you are not already signed in
- Play a movie or TV show
- A yellow bar will appear requesting permission to store data on the computer
- Select OK
- Your device is now connected to your Netflix account and now you can enjoy the movie or TV show on Netflix on Chromebook.
How to watch offline:
- To download shows and movies for offline playback, go to the Play Store app on your Chromebook
- Search for “Netflix” and click install
- This will allow you to download content to watch even when you are not connected to the internet.
Customize your subtitles and audio settings: This can be helpful if you are having difficulty hearing or understanding the dialogue in a movie or TV show.
Use keyboard shortcuts to control playback:
- Spacebar – pause/resume playback
- Left or Right arrow – go back or forward 10 seconds
- Full screen key (in the F4 spot on Chromebook keyboards) – toggles full screen mode. Press again to exit fullscreen.
- Back button – Go back to previous menu or Escape from current window
Add shows and movies to your watchlist: This will make it easy to keep track of the titles that you want to watch in the future.
We hope this guide has been helpful! Be sure to check out our other Chromebook guides for more tips and tricks. And don’t forget to share this guide with your friends and family! They will thank you for it. 🙂