MuseScore on Chromebook: MuseScore is a score writer for Windows, OS X, and Linux, comparable to Finale and Sibelius, supporting a wide variety of file formats and input methods. It is released as free and open-source software under the GNU General Public License. MuseScore can import Music XML, MIDI, Band in a Box, Guitar Pro, Capella (in the cap3 format, not CapXML) and Overture formats, as well as its own MuseScore Format and Compressed MuseScore Format. It can export to Music XML and MIDI file formats. Audio can be exported to WAV, FLAC, MP3, and OGG files, and engraved output can be exported to PDF,SVG, PNG, and PostScript formats, or it can be printed directly.
Although MuseScore cannot import Sibelius and Finale file formats, its support of Music XML enables sharing between the different programs.
Features of MuseScore
- Create high-quality engraved musical scores
- Supports unlimited staves, linked parts and part extraction, tablature, MIDI input, percussion notation, cross-staff beaming, automatic transportation, lyrics
- fretboard diagrams and all those commonly used in sheet music
- style option to change the appearance and layout available
- style sheet can be saved
More software for Chromebook: MathWar on Chromebook
How to Download MuseScore for Chromebook
Installing MuseScore using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “MuseScore“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “MuseScore” app and install it on your device.
Installing MuseScore using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “MuseScore” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “MuseScore” and install it.
Install MuseScore using Rollapp
- If the “MuseScore” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “MuseScore” and use the application online.