Minecraft or Chromebook: If you are a big Minecraft just like us but have a Chromebook with you to play the game, then you would be a little disappointed given the fact that you cannot play your favorite game on your Chrome device. Minecraft is written and coded in Java and there is no Chrome app version or a web-based version which basically means most Chromebook users won’t play the original version of the game.
Steps to Install Minecraft for Chromebook
Well, Chromebooks users are not completely without Minecraft as there are a number of ways which can help you to play Minecraft on your device. To install and play Minecraft on your Chrome OS device, follow these basic steps to do so:
- Search for the ARChon modified runtime on the Chrome Store. These modified runtimes allow you to install Android apps on your Chromebook.
- Find the Minecraft app for Android and download the apk file extension for it. Install the Minecraft app on your Android device and with the help of the ARChon packager app, package the Minecraft app
- Now, upload the packaged Minecraft file onto your Google Drive and download it on your Chromebook.
- Extract the packaged file on the Chromebook and install it from the “Extensions option” on the device.
- Next up, Activate the “Developers Mode” on your device to load the Minecraft app extension to the ARChon runtime extension.
- Using the “Load Unpacked Extension” option, upload the Minecraft extracted app on the ARChon runtime extension.
- Check the runtime setting before running the Minecraft app.
- Run the app using the “Launch” button. Your Minecraft app is now installed on your Chromebook and ready to be played.
The only drawback about following this method is that you will play the Android App version of the game and not the complete game which is available for PC or MAC. But on the other hand, you won’t have to tinker a lot in the “Developer Mode” to play the game.