Meld on Chromebook : Meld is Gnome’s diff and merge tool which is specially designed for developers. It helps the users to understand the patches and review the codes.
Meld can run on most of the Linux distributions which include Suse, Fedora, and Ubuntu. Users who are using Windows OS needs to download the MSI for using it. One can get meld from Fink, Macports or Brew. If a user wants to run the meld software without installing it, then the only way to do this is by extracting the archive and then running the bin/meld from the archive folder.
Features of Meld
- Easy to compare two or three files, directories and showing new, altered or missing data.
- Meld easily navigates between conflicts and differences.
- It uses the built- in regex text filtering feature to ignore the differences.
- Provides simple option to view file version statues.
- Meld also provides syntax highlighting feature in the editor.
More software for Chromebook: MeshLab on Chromebook
How to Download Meld for Chromebook
Installing Meld using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Meld “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Meld ”app and install it on your device.
Installing Meld using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Meld ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Meld ” and install it.
Install Meld using Rollapp
- If the “Meld ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Meld ” and use the application online.