Maxima on Chromebook: Maxima Software tool is a computer algebra system written in Common Lisp. This software tool supports all platforms such as Mac, UNIX, BSD, Windows, Android and Linux.
Developed by Macsyma group, Maxima is a free mathematical software tool which is based on an old version of Macsyma.
Features of Maxima
- A general purpose system
- Includes a complete programming language which comes with syntax similar to ALGOL and semantics similar to Common Lisp
- Can be extended and accessed pro grammatically
- Uses Gnuplot feature for drawing purpose
- Full-featured Computer Algebra System used mainly for symbolic operations and numerical calculations
- Can be used for calculations involving integers, rational numbers and floating point numbers
- Offers possibility of code generation in other programming languages
- Has various types of Graphical User Interfaces namely wxMaxima, Jupyter, GMaxima, Cantor, GNU TeXmacs, LyX and Kayali
More software for Chromebook: Code::Block on Chromebook
How to Download Maxima for Chromebook
Installing Maxima using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Maxima“ and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Maxima ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Maxima using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Maxima” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Maxima ” and install it.
Install Maxima using Rollapp
- If the “Maxima” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Maxima ” and use the application online.