MakeMKV on Chromebook:MakeMKV lets you convert videos into unencumbered format so that you can play it using any desired media player. This is a transcoder or a format converter which helps convert files with ease.
MakeMKV is designed for Windows but it works fine on all devices including Mac and Linux. After the conversion, the output file will be obtained in MKV format. Most of the media players support videos that are in MKV file format.
Features of MakeMKV
- Comes with option for streaming decrypted video without conversion
- Read Blu-ray discs and preserve all audio and video information, track language, audio type and chapters information
- Offers fast conversion options
- Open DVD and Blu-ray discs, check storage space and other information
- All the features of the BETA version are free and can be used for easy conversion of videos
More software for Chromebook: Glide-Video Chat for Chromebook
How to Download MakeMKV for Chromebook
Installing MakeMKV using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “MakeMKV” and install the app on your Chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “MakeMKV” app and install it on your device.
Installing MakeMKV using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “MakeMKV” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “MakeMKV” and install it.
Install MakeMKV using Rollapp
- If the “MakeMKV” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “MakeMKV” and use the application online.