LyX on Chromebook :LyX is a highly developed LaTEX Typesetting based open source document processor, which has been written in C++ and Qt 5 and developed by the LyX Team and it, was initially released in the year 1995. LyX got its stable release in this year on October 15th. This is a well-optimized typesetting system and being an open source function this is highly compatible with a maximum of the operating systems.
LyX is not like the other word processors this is a diverse program. LyX does not work on the course of WYSIWYG, but it represents the working mode of WYSIWYM. In that case, the users will only see an approximation of what they are going to see the exact page. Providing a lot of venerable mathematical methods and quality database integrations LyX appears with lots of features and characteristics.
- GUI accessibility with menus.
- Bi Directional Texting supportive.
- And optimum language aid of Korean, Japanese and also Chinese.
- Character support of BibTeX.
- Table & Mathematical Functional Editor with WYSIWYG.
- All the basic functions like indents, hyphenation, kerning etc all are well available.
- Like Spell Checking, Cut Paste and other developed functions available.
- XeTeX & LuaTeX Typesetting well supportive and etc.
More software for Chromebook: Meld on Chromebook
How to Download LyX for Chromebook
Installing LyX using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “LyX“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “LyX” app and install it on your device.
Installing LyX using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “LyX” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “LyX” and install it.
Install LyX using Rollapp
- If the “LyX” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “LyX” and use the application online.