Kodi on Chromebook:Compatible with Linux, OS X, Windows and Android, Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an open source software media center for play and view videos, music, podcasts and other media files from the internet and other network storage media.
Kodi’s code, which is written in C++ and because of its cross-platform functionality and open source helps as a software framework for a variety of devices such as set-top boxes, television systems , digital TV’s and others.
Features of Kodi:
- Highly acclaimed free and open source (GPL) software media center.
- Could be used for playing videos, games, music and much more.
- Built with a 10-foot user interface for televisions and remote control use.
- Kodi can work in conjunction with web browsers, 3rd party tools and remote controls using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. It adds to the experience to a new level.
- Kodi allows users to control the media with CEC-compatible TV’s, remote controls and other tablet apps.
More software for Chromebook: Yandex browser for Chromebook
How to Download Kodi for Chromebook
Installing Kodi using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Kodi” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Kodi” app and install it on your device.
Installing Kodi using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Kodi” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Kodi” and install it.
Install Kodi using Rollapp
- If the “Kodi” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Kodi” and use the application online.