KiCad EDA Suite on Chromebook: KiCad is free electronic design automation software suite developed by KiCad developers. It is used for making schematic designs and converting electronic circuits to PCB designs.
Features of KiCad EDA Suite
- Has five main parts involving a project manager, schematic capture editor, PCB layout program with 3D view, Gerber view and tools for conversion of images to footprints
- Uses an IDE for all design process stages
- This cross-platform program comes with component libraries and option for adding custom components
- Helps to import components from other applications that serve as an EDA suite
- Configuration files help in interfacing virtual control systems and scripts
- Offers hierarchical schematic sheets, custom symbol creation option, layers and a built-in auto router
More software for Chromebook: Klavaro on Chromebook
How to Download KiCad for Chromebook
Installing KiCad using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “KiCad “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “KiCad ” app and install it on your device.
Installing KiCad using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “KiCad ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “KiCad ” and install it.
Install KiCad using Rollapp
- If the “KiCad ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “KiCad ” and use the application online.