KeePass2 on Chromebook: KeePass or also known as KeePass Password Safe is an application that provides password management utility for Microsoft Windows. It is free to download. Other than Windows, this application supports other operating systems through Mono. Even, this application has other ports for BlackBerry, Windows, iOS, and Android phones.
KeePass stores various fields like passwords, usernames, and file attachments in an encrypted file and protects it with master passwords. However, the KeePass database is stored on a local file system.
Features of KeePass2:
- While includes various configurations and supports plugins, KeePass stands as a flexible and extensible application.
- KeePass has a built-in password generator and synchronization functions as well.
- KeePass can import more than 30 password managers.
- KeePass Offers protection against keyloggers.
- KeePass has the option to generate password and can synchronize function.
- Supports two-factor authentication.
- Provide Secure Desktop Mode.
- Basically, supports Windows operating system, but can support other operating systems through Mono.
More software for Chromebook: Glide-Video Chat for Chromebook
How to Download KeePass2 for Chromebook
Installing KeePass2 using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “KeePass2” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “KeePass2” app and install it on your device.
Installing KeePass2 using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “KeePass 2” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “KeePass 2” and install it.
Install KeePass2 using Rollapp
- If the “KeePass2” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “KeePass2” and use the application online.