JOSM on Chromebook :JOSM (Java OpenStreetMap Editor) is a desktop application originally developed by Immanuel Scholz and currently maintained by Dirk Stöcker.
JOSM works just like any normal desktop application. It can work with files on your local system and in the process open and saving files. It is an XML representation and can be used as an offline editor as well.
When you tend to edit with JOSM, chances are that the other people might also be editing at the same time. Data is only downloaded when you ask it to do. If any other user has changed an area which you have changed, then JOSM reports conflict. It is at this point you might not have downloaded the files and before you upload it is suggested that you do so. This is an area that provides you an idea on which areas you have clashed with the other users.
- Fosters better relationships
- Resolves conflicts to a large extent
More software for Chromebook: Facebook Messenger for Chromebook
How to Download JOSM for Chromebook
Installing JOSM using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “JOSM” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “JOSM” app and install it on your device.
Installing JOSM using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “JOSM” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “JOSM” and install it.
Install JOSM using Rollapp
- If the “JOSM” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “JOSM” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.