JEdit on Chromebook: Java Text editor is free multi-platform text editor software available under the GNU General Public License Version 2.0.
It runs on any operating system including MAC OS X, Linux, BSD and Windows along with Java Support. It is written java. There are over 150 JEdit plug-in available for many different applications some of them are Aspell for spell checking, XML plug-in, text auto-complete, syntax and style checker , Accents Plug-in and lots more. Plugin’s are used to make the applications required by individuals and can make it into advanced XML/HTML editor or an Integrated development environment with code completion, compiler and lot more options.
Features of JEdit:
- Syntax Highlighting for more than 200 languages
- Sophisticated Plug-in system
- A built-in Macro- language
- UTF-8 and other Encoding support
- Code and text folding
- Text Wrapping
- Hiding regions of text
- Highly customizable and configurable
More software for Chromebook: JuffEd on Chromebook
How to Download JEdit for Chromebook
Installing JEdit using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “JEdit“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “JEdit” app and install it on your device.
Installing JEdit using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “JEdit” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “JEdit” and install it.
Install JEdit using Rollapp
- If the “JEdit” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “JEdit” and use the application online.