JabRef on Chromebook: JabRef is a bibliography reference manager used for LaTex. It is written in Java and developed by the JabRef team. BibTex is the standard library format found in this software.
The JabRef software is written in Java and is specially designed for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It is mainly used for managing BibTex files and importing data from various databases.
Features of JabRef
- Provides option to edit, view and search reference entries
- Comes with advanced grouping features for sorting out reference entries based on search terms or keywords
- Helps to import filters
- Offers direct search, cite-as-you-write functionality and download options
- Offers easy access to external source links
- Can be used for converting reference files
- Provides customizable key generation and customizable export filters
- Support LibreOffice, OpenOffice for formatting and inserting citations
More software for Chromebook: Kalzium on Chromebook
How to Download JabRef for Chromebook
Installing JabRef using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “JabRef “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “JabRef ” app and install it on your device.
Installing JabRef using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “JabRef ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “JabRef ” and install it.
Install JabRef using Rollapp
- If the “JabRef ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “JabRef ” and use the application online.