IntelliJ IDEA on Chromebook: IntelliJ IDEA is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for java software. It is developed by JetBrains and can be used for commercial development.
This IDE can run on a different operating system like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux and supports various languages like Java, XML/XSL, Groovy and much more. It also supports plug-ins through which developers can add additional functionality to the IDE. The IDE community supports technologies and framework like Android, Junit, Maven, JavaFX, Ant etc. along with the application servers. It is basically designed to increase developer’s productivity.
Features of IntelliJ IDEA:
- Code Completion
- Code Refactoring
- Code Navigation
- Supports Version Control Systems (Like GIT, SVN etc.)
- Access to database
- Data flow Analysis
- Language Injection
- Duplicate Detection
- Inspection and quick-fixes
- Provides Shortcut for everything
- Inline Debugger
- Easy Unit Testing
- Live Databases
More software for Chromebook: IPython on Chromebook
How to Download IntelliJ IDEA for Chromebook
Installing IntelliJ IDEA using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “IntelliJ IDEA“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “IntelliJ IDEA” app and install it on your device.
Installing IntelliJ IDEA using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “IntelliJ IDEA” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “IntelliJ IDEA” and install it.
Install IntelliJ IDEA using Rollapp
- If the “IntelliJ IDEA” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “IntelliJ IDEA” and use the application online.