HexChat on Chromebook:Originally known as Xchat, an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client based on Xchat but unlike the previous version, HexChat is a completely free for Windows and Unix-like systems.
HexChat begins by displaying a network list name to start. Users will need server address, server port, and channel name to start using the HexChat app. HexChat supports different platforms and for consistency, it uses Unix Line endings.
- Acts as a cross platform on Windows, OS X, and Unix-like OSes.
- One of the customizable interfaces with the ease of usability.
- Added feature of content getting translated into multiple languages.
- Supported by Proxies, Spell-check, SASL, DCC etc for better outcomes.
- HexChat is designed such that makes it highly scriptable with Python and Perl.
- It is a kind of multi- network where users can auto-connect, join and identify each other.
- The source is fully open and actively developed.
More software for Chromebook: Juice SSH for Chromebook
How to Download HexChat for Chromebook
Installing HexChat using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “HexChat” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “HexChat” app and install it on your device.
Installing HexChat using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “HexChat” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “HexChat” and install it.
Install HexChat using Rollapp
- If the “HexChat” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “HexChat” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.