Gretl on Chromebook: Gretl is a free, open source software package used for econometric analysis. This software package can be used together with Python, Octave, Julia, stata and Ox.
Developed by the Gretl team, the Gretl software package is written in C programming language and is compatible with all devices. This statistical software package is available in 11 languages and it can provide output models as LaTex files.
Features of Gretl
- Comes with a command-line interface and an intuitive, easy GUI
- Generates graphs by using gnuplot
- Offers its own XML based data format
- Can import comma-separated values, ASCII, data bank, Excel, GNU Octave, Open Document Spreadsheet and Stata files
- Can export to Stata, R, JMulTi, comma-separated values and PcGive file formats
- Hansl, an interpreted language, is its own scripting language which helps to automate repetitive tasks
More software for Chromebook: Handbrake on Chromebook
How to Download Gretl for Chromebook
Installing Gretl using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Gretl“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Gretl” app and install it on your device.
Installing Gretl using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Gretl” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Gretl” and install it.
Install Gretl using Rollapp
- If the “Gretl” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Gretl” and use the application online.