GRASS GIS on Chromebook:Geographic Resources Analysis Support System commonly known as GRASS GIS is an open source Geographical information System software. GRASS GIS is licensed and free software. It is used for geospatial data analyses and management, image processing, temporal and spatial modeling, visualizing, and producing maps and graphics. The GRASS GIS software can handle graphic data, image processing, topological vector, and raster. It contains more than 350 modules to produce and render images and maps on paper or monitor, store, manage and create spatial data and much more.
The GRASS GIS software runs on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. It has a graphical user interface. GRASS GIS is specifically designed as a platform where tools that mostly perform particular GIS computations can be executed.
- Runs on multiple operating systems
- Available in multiple languages
- Use for multipurpose
- Supports vector and raster data in 2 and 3 dimensions
- Available for free
More software for Chromebook: DocFetcher on Chromebook
How to Download GRASS GIS for Chromebook
Installing GRASS GIS using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “GRASS GIS“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “GRASS GIS” app and install it on your device.
Installing GRASS GIS using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “GRASS GIS” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “GRASS GIS” and install it.
Install GRASS GIS using Rollapp
- If the “GRASS GIS” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “GRASS GIS” and use the application online.