Gramps on Chromebook: Gramps is an abbreviation for Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Programming System. It is free and open source genealogy software project and community.
Gramps helps you in tracking the history of your family tree. The software is programmed in Python by using PyGObject. With the help of this relationship graphs can be created, it uses Graphviz for creating the graphs. It attempts to provide the users with all of the common capabilities of rest of the genealogical programs.
Features of Gramps include:
- Link any media or file type to your Gramps family tree. Choose between copying or linking the file to the database Custom filters.
- View, edit, and save Image Exif Metadata for use with modern-day cameras, cell phones, and graphic programs.
- Privacy options allow restriction of any information marked with this option or information about living individuals.
- Bookmark favorite individuals for quick access.
- Multiple calendars and date ranges are supported.
More software for Chromebook: Gretl on Chromebook
How to Download Gramps for Chromebook
Installing Gramps using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Gramps“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Gramps” app and install it on your device.
Installing Gramps using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Gramps” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Gramps” and install it.
Install Gramps using Rollapp
- If the “Gramps” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Gramps” and use the application online.