Golly on Chromebook: A cross-platform application for exploring Conway’s Game of Life and other cellular automata. Features include bounded and unbounded universes, fast generating algorithms, Lua/Python scripting, and a state-of-the-art pattern collection. Golly is a tool for the simulation of cellular automata. It is free open-source software. It runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android, and can be scripted using Lua or Python. It includes a hash life algorithm that can simulate the behavior of very large sparse patterns in Cowboy’s Game of Life. It is fast enough to simulate some patterns for 2 or more units. It also includes large library of predefined patterns in Life and other rules.
Features of Golly
- Bounded or unbounded universes with up to 256 states.
- User-definable rules.
- Reads a variety of common CA and graphical formats.
- Unlimited undo/redo for difficult pattern editing tasks.
- User-configurable keyboard shortcuts for menu items and custom scripts.
- Scriptable via Lua or Python.
More software for Chromebook: Gramps on Chromebook
How to Download Golly for Chromebook
Installing Golly using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Golly“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Golly” app and install it on your device.
Installing Golly using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Golly” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Golly” and install it.
Install Golly using Rollapp
- If the “Golly” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Golly” and use the application online.