Gnome Terminal on Chromebook :Gnome Terminal is a terminal emulator for the GNOME desktop environment. Terminal emulators allow users to access a UNIX shell while remaining on their graphical desktop. Gnome Terminal supports multiple profiles. A user can create multiple profiles for his or her account. Users can then set configuration options on a per-profile basis and assign a name to each profile. The available configuration options range from different fonts, different colors, emission of the terminal bell, the behavior of scrolling, and how the terminal handles compatibility with the backspace and delete key.
- When Gnome Terminal starts, it can be configured to launch the user’s default shell or run a custom command. These options can be configured per profile, allowing users to execute different commands depending on the profile.
- Gnome Terminal supports a couple of different compatibility options for interfacing with older software that depends on varying keyboard-to-ASCII assignment.
- In computing, there has been ambiguity between the backspace key and delete key. When the user presses the backspace key, the computer can either delete the character before the cursor, or the character at the cursor, which introduces this ambiguity.
More software for Chromebook: Evince on Chromebook
How to Download Gnome Terminal for Chromebook
Installing Gnome Terminal using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Gnome Terminal“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Gnome Terminal ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Gnome Terminal using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Gnome Terminal ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Gnome Terminal ” and install it.
Install Gnome Terminal using Rollapp
- If the “Gnome Terminal ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Gnome Terminal ” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.