GMail Drive on Chromebook : Gmail Drive is free third party windows Shell namespace add-on or extension for Gmail. It creates a virtual file system around Gmail account, allowing to use Gmail as a storage medium.
Requirements: In order to use Gmail Drive one should have a Gmail account and internet Connection.
- Enables users to save and retrieve files directly from the account through Windows Explorer.
- Adds a new virtual drive under My Computer folder
- Support drag and drop of files
- When a user creates a new file it generates an E-mail and posts it to Gmail Inbox.
- Supports Multi-User file Server
More software for Chromebook: Star Downloader on Chromebook
How to Download GMail Drive for Chromebook
Installing GMail Drive using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “GMail Drive“ and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “GMail Drive” app and install it on your device.
Installing GMail Drive using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “GMail Drive ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “GMail Drive ” and install it.
Install GMail Drive using Rollapp
- If the “GMail Drive ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “GMail Drive ” and use the application online.