Gedit on Chromebook : Gedit is free and open source text editor software based on the requirements of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
It is designed as a general purpose text editor with a clean and simple GUI that emphasizes on ease of use and simplicity. It also includes tools for source code editing and structured text such as Mark-up languages. It also supports a lot of languages such as C, C++, HTML, Java, Python, XML, Perl and much more.
Features of Gedit:
- Syntax Highlighting and text markup
- Full undo and redo system along with search and replace.
- Spell Checking and Flexible Plug-in System
- Customizable GUI
- Multi-Document (Tab Interfacing)
- Auto indentation
- Text Wrapping
- Configurable fonts and colors
- Print and print preview support
- Bracket Matching
- Backup files
- Cut/Copy/Paste Support
- Editing files from remote locations
- Support for internationalized text(UTF-8)
More software for Chromebook: Geany on Chromebook
How to Download Gedit for Chromebook
Installing Gedit using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Gedit “and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Gedit ” app and install it on your device.
Installing Gedit using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Gedit ” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Gedit ” and install it.
Install Gedit using Rollapp
- If the “Gedit ” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Gedit ” and use the application online.