FreeMind on Chromebook: FreeMind is an application for free mind mapping in Java. It helps in extensive export and run on Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X through the Java Runtime Environment. FreeMind, like other mind mapping software packages helps the user to edit a hierarchical set of ideas around a central concept.
As a Java application, FreeMind is usable across multiple platforms and keep hold of the same user interface, causing some amount of difference from the common interface on each platform. Mac users get most difference from their traditional user interface, but Mac World reviewer finds the software’s features can appeal to the segment of users who accept function over time.
Features of FreeMind
FreeMind’s most significant features are kike these:
- Folding branches
- Save files as XML – in mm file format
- Export hypertext to HTML and XHTML
- Export document to PDF and Open Document
- Export image to PNG, JPEG, and SVG
- Icons on nodes
- Clouds around branches
- Graphical links connecting nodes
- Search restricted to single branches
- Web and file hyperlinks from nodes
- FreeMind browser and player for web in Java or Flash
- Transform maps using XSL T
More software for Chromebook: FL Studio on Chromebook
How to Download FreeMind for Chromebook
Installing FreeMind using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “FreeMind“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “FreeMind” app and install it on your device.
Installing FreeMind using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “FreeMind” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “FreeMind” and install it.
Install FreeMind using Rollapp
- If the “FreeMind” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “FreeMind” and use the application online.