FileZilla on Chromebook :FileZilla is a free software, cross-platform FTP application, consisting of FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. Client binaries are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, server binaries are available for Windows only. The client supports FTP, SFTP and FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS). Support for SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), which can be used to share folders over a network, is not implemented in FileZilla Server.
FileZilla’s source code is hosted on Source Forge and the project was featured as Project of the Month in November 2003.However, there have been criticisms that Source Forge bundles malicious software with the application; and that FileZilla stores users’ FTP passwords insecurely.
These are some features of FileZilla.
- Transfer files in FTP, SFTP, encrypted FTP such as FTPS and SFTP
- Support IPv6, which is the latest version of internet protocol
- Supports resume which means the file transfer process can be paused and continued
- Tabbed user interface for multitasking, to allow browsing more than one server or even transfer files simultaneously between multiple servers.
- Site Manager to manage server lists and transfer queue for ordering file transfer tasks
- Bookmarks for easy access to most frequent use
- Drag and drop to download and upload.
- Configurable transfer speed limits to limit the speed transferring the files, which helps reducing the error of transferring
- Filename filters, users can filter only the specific files that have the conditions they want.
- Network configuration wizard, help configuring confusing network settings in the form of a step-by-step wizard
- Remote file editing, for quickly edit files on server side on-the-fly. No need to download, edit on the computer and re-upload back to the server.
More software for Chromebook: Quicktime for Chromebook
How to Download FileZilla for Chromebook
Installing FileZilla using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “FileZilla” and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “FileZilla” app and install it on your device.
Installing FileZilla using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “FileZilla” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “FileZilla” and install it.
Install FileZilla using Rollapp
- If the “FileZilla” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “FileZilla” and use the application online.