File Roller on Chromebook :It is an archive manager for the GNOME desktop environment. Archive Manager or File Roller is Ubuntu’s default application for handling the creation, modification and extraction of archives. File Roller supports a wide range of archive formats, and is well integrated into the Nautilus File Browser. Some formats are not installed by default in Ubuntu.
File Roller does not have an application launcher that can be launched by itself due to its integration with the File Browser. To launch it by itself, you will require pressing Alt+F2 and type file-roller. If an archive format is supported, double clicking on the file will automatically open the Archive Manager. You may add the folder or extract existing ones.
Within the File Browser, archives can be created and extracted by using the right click context menu. Existing archives have an Extract Here option, which will extract the archive’s folder into the current folder.
Features of File Roller
With File Roller you can create:
- Create and modify archives.
- View the content of an archive.
- View and modify a file contained in the archive.
- Extract files from the archive.
- Save the archive in a different format.
More software for Chromebook:FBReader on Chromebook
How to Download File Roller for Chromebook
Installing File Roller using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “File Roller“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “File Roller” app and install it on your device.
Installing File Roller using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “File Roller” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “File Roller” and install it.
Install File Roller using Rollapp
- If the “File Roller” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “File Roller” and use the application online.