Evince on Chromebook:It is a document viewer for PDF, PostScript, DjVu, TIFF, XPS and DVI formats. It is designed for the GNOME desktop environment. The developers of Evince wanted to replace the multiple GNOME document viewers with a single and simple application. Therefore the Evince can be called ‘Simply a document viewer’.
Evince supports many different single and multi-page document formats. It has built-in support like:
- PDF using the Poppler back end
- PostScript uses the Ghostscript back end. The Windows package of Evince ships with a copy of Ghostscrpt’s libs version 8, so no external Ghostscript installation is needed on that platform
- Multi Page TIFF
- Open Document Presentation when built with the —enable—impress option
- CBR, CBZ, CB7
- Images etc.
Features of Evince
- Evince incorporates an integrated search that displays the number of results found and highlights the results on the page. Users can optionally display thumbnails of pages to assist in page navigation within a document.
- Evince can show two pages at a time, left and right, and offers full-screen and slideshow views.
- Evince allows the selection of text of in PDF files and allows users to highlight and copy text from documents made from scanned images if the PDF includes OCR data.
- Evince used to obey the DRM restrictions of PDF files, which may prevent copying, printing, or convert some PDF files, however, this has been made optional and turned off by default in conf.
More software for Chromebook: Eclipse on Chromebook
How to Download Evince for Chromebook
Installing Evince using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Evince“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Evince” app and install it on your device.
Installing Evince using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Evince” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Evince” and install it.
Install Evince using Rollapp
- If the “Evince” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Evince” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.