Emacs on Chromebook: Emacs and other resulting applications come along as a family of text editors that is characterized by their extensibility. This is a free to copy and redistributable application that comes along source code. As it is portable, this application could be used for different operating systems. Even, due to its portable nature, one can use the same editor for different machines having different OS. Besides, the extensibility defines the ability of customization one can do with this application, as per the need. Even, one can program Emacs to do entirely new things, which have never been thought of.
Features of Emacs:
- Emacs mainly designed for the programmers to provide modes that make it easy to edit code in that language.
- Emacs provides context sensitive layout and indentation.
- Emacs allows programs to be compiled, inside the application that shows the error message and source code for debugging.
- Emacs directly interacts with the language interpreter and can manage change logs.
- Emacs also offers news readers, mail readers, spell checking, gopher, Rogerian therapist and some other features facilitate programming.
More software for Chromebook: Textra SMS for Chromebook
How to Download Emacs for Chromebook
Installing Emacs using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “Emacs” and install the app on your Chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “Emacs” app and install it on your device.
Installing Emacs using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “Emacs” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “Emacs” and install it.
Install Emacs using Rollapp
- If the “Emacs” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “Emacs” and use the application online.
You must be logged in to post a comment.