DocFetcher on Chromebook:It’s an open source desktop search application. DocFetcher is written in Java and has Graphic user Interface based on Standard widget toolkit. DocFetcher’s searching and indexing facilities are based on Apache Lucene, which is a widely used open source search engine.
- It supports all major document formats like Microsoft office, HTML, PDF, OpenOffice, EPUB and RTF
- It supports archive formats including Zip, tar, rar and 7z
- DocFetcher supports search of a variety of other formats like JPEG, Visio, SVG and MP3
- It can search in outlook Emails
- Automatically updates its indexes whenever documents are customized
- Can be customized to index any kind of source code file
- Based on regular expressions, it can exclude files from indexing
DocFetcher is available as a portable version where you carry your files in an USB wherever you want.
More software for Chromebook: GTG on Chromebook
How to Download DocFetcher for Chromebook
Installing DocFetcher using Play Store
- Check if your Chromebook is compatible for installing Android apps: Chromebook Play Store Compatibility
- If your Chromebook is compatible, then you can install Play store by following these instructions. After that search for “DocFetcher“and install the app on your chromebook.
- If your Chromebook is not compatible you can download the Play store apk and installing it manually, After that you can follow the steps mentioned above to find the “DocFetcher” app and install it on your device.
Installing DocFetcher using Chrome Browser
- If the software is not available on Play store, then you can try finding “DocFetcher” on the chrome web store.
- Open chrome browser and go to the Web store, search for “DocFetcher” and install it.
Install DocFetcher using Rollapp
- If the “DocFetcher” software is not available on chrome web store, then you can go to Rollapp, a useful website to access software online from any device.
- Go to the Rollapp website and search for “DocFetcher” and use the application online.